Campgrounds in and around Lake City
The following links are for RV and tent camping in and around Lake City and Hinsdale County. Please contact us if your business is not listed.
- Castle Lakes Campground -- This link is inactive... need info... can you help?
- Elkhorn RV Resort & Cabins -- "Welcome to the Elkhorn RV Resort, located in Lake City, Colorado. Our campground is in a quiet, residential neighborhood, yet within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, parks, trails, and streams. Enjoy the slow pace and take advantage of the amazing mountain recreation opportunities that the San Juans has to offer. We have easy access to hiking trails, rivers, 4x4 roads, and ghost towns. Come and stay at the Elkhorn as part of your memorable vacation in Lake City, Colorado." -- Janet & Floyd Keeble, 970-944-2920
- Henson Creek RV Park -- "Welcome to the Henson Creek RV Park! The RV park opened in the 50's and is located in the quaint little town of Lake City, which is snuggled in the San Juan mountains of Colorado. Even though this is a small town, there are lots of exciting and fun things to do. Choose between backpacking, boating, camping, horseback riding... the list is endless!! There is a diverse selection of shops in the town square and savory places to dine after a long day of mountain excursions. Nearby there is the Alpine Loop and Silver Thread Scenic and Historic Byways. A favorite of hikers are the Five Fourteeners, which are peaks in the mountain range that are over 14,000 feet. Lake San Cristobal, a great place for fishing, is the second largest natural lake in Colorado and is three miles south of Lake City." -- Joe Hoover, Owner, Henson Creek RV Park, 131 S. Gunnison, P.O. Box 621, HWY 149 @ Henson Creek Bridge, Lake City, CO 81235, (970) 944-2394 (mid-May thru September), Cell (970) 316-1434 or (970) 316-1460
- Highlander RV Campground -- "Overlooking the beautiful Lake Fork of the Gunnison River, surrounded by the breathtaking San Juan Mountains, relaxing to the whisper of our own natural waterfall, the Highlander RV Campground invites you to experience the best that Colorado has to offer. Don and Diane Campbell, your hosts, are third generation Lake City Residents. They began building the Highlander in 1993 following a 22 year career in the Air Force. Their oldest son Scott has recently joined the crew, after his own 22 year career in the United States Army. Their business philosophy is simple; provide a beautiful place that your friends and relatives would enjoy, treat your guest as friends, and provide as many amenities as possible at a reasonable price. This philosophy has resulted in the Highlander receiving the highest ratings in the Lake City area from both "Trailer Life" and "Woodalls"". -- Don and Diane Campbell, Owners, Highlander RV Campground, 970-944-2878
- Woodlake Park Campground and Cabins -- "A scenic drive just 2-1/2 miles South of Lake City, Colorado on Highway 149S, the Silver Thread Scenic Highway, near milepost markers 69-70, near Alpine Loop Scenic Byway in Southwest Colorado. A relaxed and friendly place on the river. Big uncrowded pull thru’s with full hookups. Tents welcome, Shower house, Grills, and Pavilion. Activities include: Bird watching, fishing, historic and geologic sites, old mines, Jeep, OHV and motorcycle trails." -- Latellya Smith, Owner, Woodlake Park Campground and Cabins, PO Box 400, Lake City Colorado 81235, 800-201-2694, or June-September 970-944-2283; October-May 817-531-4079